ACCA, The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, is a prestigious accounting professional body and fast growing internationally. ACCA has retained the Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) qualification as part of the recognition in Accounting Fundamentals (Foundations in Accountancy)
CAT Graduate Advantages
In order to obtain the CAT Qualification, students will need to successfully complete 9 subjects as listed below and fulfill ACCA training experience.
On completion of the CAT qualification, CAT graduates may add the prestigious designatory initials ‘CAT’ to their names upon approval.
By having the CAT qualification, you will be noticed among potential employers by displaying skills in basic accounting. CAT qualification also will help its graduate to get a promising career in the accounting field.
Students completing the CAT qualification can claim exemption for some ACCA subjects and will take into account the needs of practical training in ACCA professional qualification.
COURSE STRUCTURE CAT
- FA1: Recording Financial Transactions
- MA1: Management Information
- FA2: Maintaining Financial Records
- *English for Specific Purpose 1
- *Pengajian Islam
- *Pengajian Malaysia
- *Bahasa Kebangsaan
- MA2: Managing Cost and Finance
- FFA: Financial Accounting
- FFB: Accountant in Business
- *English for Specific Purpose 2
- FMA: Management Accounting
- FTX: Foundations in Taxation
- FAU: Foundations in Audit**
- FFM: Foundations in Financial Management**
- *English for Specific Purpose 3
Note: * Subject added value offered by IPB are not included in the category CAT qualification.